Window replacement companies sell a variety of brands and it can get tricky finding the most energy efficient windows for your home. So I have decided to put together this brief write up to help you with some important fundamentals. Don’t worry I will not get to technical – so you can read right through to the end. Here is my official site.
Why is energy saving for your home so important?
· It can help you save on your house bills
· It can enable you to have access to the credit tax benefit of up to 30% of the cost of a window. That means you can get a benefit of up to $1500.
· If all houses are energy efficient in the country that means the amount spent on heating oil will be reduced. This has some positive effects on the economy at large, which in turn has a direct benefit to you as a citizen.
Now that we have that out of the way I should have your attention as I elaborate on the features of an energy efficient window.
Like I said earlier different window replacement companies offer different energy efficient windows. So you need to know some of the most important things to look for when buying from them. These are as follows;
· You need to ask about the certification – National Fenestration Rating Counsel (NFRC) ratings are the most popular ones these days – what with the tax credit benefit and all. If the item is certified it must come with an NFRC sticker.
· You can also ask about the ENERGY STAR rating, which has been in use for years.
· You can identity a window that will help save on energy by looking at its frame. Most of the good ones have a vinyl frame. They also come in double pane glass.
· They should have an R-value of two to ten.
The best way to find a good contractor or company online is not through search engines, not through yellow or white pages but it is through pre-screening services. These websites take time to find quality companies to recommend based on the certification requirement discussed above.